About Rede Feto
REDE FETO TIMOR LESTE is the key leader in advocacy in women’s rights and gender issues in Timor-Leste. Its member organisations include the important players in the field of development of advocacy and services for women, particularly rural women.
REDE FETO TIMOR LESTE’s VISION: Women in Timor-Leste free from discrimination and effectively participating in the sustainable development of Timor Leste.
MISSION: Rede Feto is a network of women’s organisations working to promote gender equality and women’s empowerment in Timor-Leste through advocacy, networking and capacity building. Rede Feto facilitates networking, advocacy and capacity building of its members. Member organisations implement the work identified. Rede Feto has a proven track record of delivering a wide range of programs over the past 15 years including the following;
- Leading national advocacy for women, including resourcing the CEDAW Working Party and Shadow Report 2015 and monitoring of the concluding recommendations;
- Organising the Timor-Leste National Women’s Congress every four years, including regional consultations in all 13 municipalities. Rede Feto facilitates the follow-up monitoring of government implementation of the Congress recommendations. The next National Congress is due to happen in 2018;
- Capacity building and empowerment of member organisations which operate both in the city of Dili and across the 13 Municipalities of Timor-Leste ]
- Training for the Government and NGO sector on gender issues.
- Representing women’s rights and needs in many working parties and strategies.
Contacts us: Rede Feto Timor-Leste, Obrigado Barracks, Caicoli, Dili, Timor-Leste Tel. (+670) 3312841. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Rede Feto News
TIMOR-LESTE WOMEN’S MOVEMENT
PUBLIC STATEMENT – CELEBRATING INTERNATIONAL WOMEN’S DAY
Timor-Leste Media Development Centre (TLMDC) conducted training on the theme of “Gender Sensitive Reporting” to journalists in February 2017. Rede Feto Board President Judite Dias Ximenes led the session on "Public Service / Private Life – separation of work and home (private – without money and outside public mone
Rede Feto Timor-Leste and UN Women TL presented to the Panorama Orcamental from Committee C on the gender implications of the 2017 Timor-Leste State Budget on November 9th 2016 and made the following recommendations.
Government must increase the budget for Agriculture, especially to provide tech
In August 2016, Rede Feto Timor-Leste President Judite Ximenes welcomed ASEAN representatives to a conversation of women peace builders in conflict / post conflict situations in South East Asia at the ASEAN Peopleís Forum, the first to be held in Timor-Leste.The workshop was organised by Rede Feto Timor-Leste, Initiatives for International Dialogue, Glo
Rede Feto Timor-Leste is the umbrella for women civil society organisations in Timor-Leste and the lead agency for the Convention for the Elimination of Discrimination Against Women (CEDAW) Working Party. In recognition of 25 years of CEDAW, we were invited to comment and make recommendations to Recommendation General 19 Violence Against Women.
Rede Feto Secret
Rede Feto is partnering with Netball Federation Timor Leste to promote Netball as a Violence Prevention strategy.
In January 2017, we held a Demonstration game, playing with some assistance from experienced malae players. We are fundraising to send two people to coaching training in Singapore in April.
We are building a strategy to increase women’s sport prof