About Rede Feto
REDE FETO TIMOR LESTE is the key leader in advocacy in women’s rights and gender issues in Timor-Leste. Its member organisations include the important players in the field of development of advocacy and services for women, particularly rural women.
REDE FETO TIMOR LESTE’s VISION: Women in Timor-Leste free from discrimination and effectively participating in the sustainable development of Timor Leste.
MISSION: Rede Feto is a network of women’s organisations working to promote gender equality and women’s empowerment in Timor-Leste through advocacy, networking and capacity building. Rede Feto facilitates networking, advocacy and capacity building of its members. Member organisations implement the work identified. Rede Feto has a proven track record of delivering a wide range of programs over the past 15 years including the following;
- Leading national advocacy for women, including resourcing the CEDAW Working Party and Shadow Report 2015 and monitoring of the concluding recommendations;
- Organising the Timor-Leste National Women’s Congress every four years, including regional consultations in all 13 municipalities. Rede Feto facilitates the follow-up monitoring of government implementation of the Congress recommendations. The next National Congress is due to happen in 2018;
- Capacity building and empowerment of member organisations which operate both in the city of Dili and across the 13 Municipalities of Timor-Leste ]
- Training for the Government and NGO sector on gender issues.
- Representing women’s rights and needs in many working parties and strategies.
Contacts us: Rede Feto Timor-Leste, Obrigado Barracks, Caicoli, Dili, Timor-Leste Tel. (+670) 3312841. E-mail: email@example.com
Rede Feto News
Title: Executive Director of Rede Feto
On 30 May 2017, Rede Feto and partners conducted a “A seminar to review the mechanism of the presidential election in 2017’, followed by a Round table on 7 June. The objective of these events was to identify ways to promote greater women’s participation and gender equality in future elections. There was specific consideration of how to motivate voting at the July 2017 parliame
Knowledge and understanding about menstruation and menstrual hygiene management has important impacts on the health, education, employment and pshosocial outcomes for women and girls.
Women and girls around the world need to manage their menstruation during reproductive age. However, managing menstruation with normalcy and dignity remains a challenge and women and gir
Rede Feto, Plan International and other international and national civil society and government organisations came together to facilitate the first ever National Conference focused on the participation of women and girls in the sustainable development of Timor-Leste on May 10th 2017.
In September 2015, the government of Timor-Leste made a pledge to
Rede Feto Timor-Leste held our Annual Membership Assembly on Tuesday May 9th 2017.
At this event we launched the new 2016 2020 Rede Feto Timor-Leste Strategic Plan and the Annual Report for 2016 including the 2014 2015 Audits.
We also launched this Website, developed through a grant from Planet Wheeler and AVI Community Grants Scheme and Blue Mountains East Timor Sisters (B
UN Women and Rede Feto Timor-Leste are partners in “Transformational Leadership Training” for 25 Directors and leaders in member organisations. This is a year long course that offers participants the opportunity to reflect on our work and our values; our organisational leadership and the opportunities for positive change in Timor-Leste. Participants will design plans for new ways of