Rede Feto facilitates networking, advocacy and capacity building of its members. Member organisations implement the work identified. Rede Feto has a proven track record of delivering a wide range of programs over the past 15 years including the following;
- Leading national advocacy for women, including resourcing the CEDAW Working Party and Shadow Report 2015 and monitoring of the concluding recommendations;
- Organising the Timor-Leste National Women’s Congress every four years, including regional consultations in all 13 municipalities. Rede Feto facilitates the follow-up monitoring of government implementation of the Congress recommendations. The next National Congress is due to happen in 2017;
- Capacity building and empowerment of member organisations which operate both in the city of Dili and across the 13 Municipalities of Timor-Leste
- Training for the Government and NGO sector on gender issues.
- Representing women’s rights and needs in many working parties and strategies.